Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nailed it: Neons and Neutrals

Once again, the transition from summer to fall may be tricky for some. When incorporating the few neon pieces you love into your outfits, pair them with neutrals! This is one of my favorite looks and I wanted to share with you. My little sister begged me to do her nails so this is what I came up with!


First select your colors. I chose a bright pink and a neutral pink. The bright pink was "Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em" by OPI and the neutral was "Lion Around" by Essie.


Next paint a base coat (if desired) and then paint 2 coats of your neutral color.


Then place tape over the places you want to keep neutral, leaving room where you want the bright to go. I picked a pretty simple diagonal line just to make the color pop more rather than an intricate design.


Paint the bright polish over the exposed nail and let sit for a few seconds.


Finally, peel of the tape revealing your finished look! Finish with a top coat and let dry.

Make sure to press down the tape all the way so polish doesn't slip under creating uneven lines. This may have happened a little here, but now you can learn from my mistakes! I hope you enjoyed this look and be sure to comment with questions or suggestions! 

xoxo,
Girls in Heels 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment