Friday, January 6, 2012

Birchbox Review!

Hey everyone! These days, it's hard to find the time (and money) to be able to sort through endless beauty products and find the ones you like. For Christmas this year, I got a subscription to something called Birchbox. It's a monthly box filled with beauty goodies! You recieve 5 deluxe size samples (sometimes even full sized ones!) in each box. It's only $10 a month and the products you recieve are high quality products that you can find in places like Sephora and Ulta. I am going to start doing a birchbox review each month to let you know what I like!


December 2011 box:


 


1. Ahava Mineral Body Lotion- this was by far one of my favorite things that came in the Birchbox! This lotion contains deadsea water with active deadsea minerals that are great for your skin. It makes your hands soft and smooth, without leaving greasiness behind. Plus, the fresh scent is not too overwhelming. I will definitely be purchasing the full size bottle of this! Full size: $24

2. Amika Obliphica Oil Hair Treatment- this hair serum was a great surprise! It nourishes your hair with argan oil, while reducing frizz and adding shine. It's a light formula so it doesn't make hair greasy. It also smells really good! However, while this product is great, I find that it is a bit expensive for a bottle. An equally awesome product would be a bottle of Morroccan Oil, which I use constantly. Full size: $34

3. Blinc Eyeliner- this product was something I was kind of skeptical about. It's slogan is "brush it on...slide it off!" In reality however, you don't just "slide it off." You must apply pressure while exposed to water. It stays on pretty well though, and does not just come off with water. While this is a pretty cool technique, I find that it is a bit of a hassle. I prefer good old makeup remover or facewash! Full size: $24

4. Kate Spade New York Twirl Fragrance- this is a fruity floral scent which I love! It's light and flirty and a good everyday perfume. Full size: $80

5. Alex and Isabelle Classic Hair Ties- this product was also something that I adored in this month's box. These cute hair ties are snag and crimp free, which means no bends after you take down your ponytail! Personally, I think these are well worth the money, and adorable too! Set of 6: $12

I will be doing a Birchbox review once every month! If you recieve Birchbox or have tried any of these products, let us know what you think!
xoxo,
Girls in Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment